1. We are a mother and daughter who live in two North Carolina towns, three hours apart, but do this blog together.
2. Several months ago, when we decided to do this blog, Mom (Beth) literally could not attach a document to an email, which goes to show that technology can be learned very quickly! (Sorry, Mom, but it’s true.)
3. We decided to start this blog when I quit my “real” job to write and Mom wanted a new hobby. It has given us the inspiration to decorate two houses and me a brain break from writing two novels.
4. We both wish that we could paint but are seriously lacking in the art area.
5. Hydrangeas are both of our favorite flower.
6. Mom, Dad, Will (my husband) and I all graduated the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in four separate decades. Mom was a business and econ major who now has a design blog. Dad was a chemistry major who now owns a dry cleaners. Will was a history major who is now a dentist. I, boringly, was a journalism major now writer. Formerly, however, I was working in finance.
7. In my 25 years of life, I have never missed a summer at the beach with Mom, her parents, her three sisters and my five cousins. (And Dad!) Those weeks contain some of our very best memories!
Thanks again, Luciane, for this sweet award! It has given us something fun to do on a freezing, snowy North Carolina day!
Posts on Design Chic may contain affiliate links or links to sponsor’s sites. We try to partner with businesses we think will be of interest to our followers and always strive to bring you content you’ll love. Thanks for reading!