Good morning, chic readers! We hope you are having a fabulous day! With Halloween behind us, we feel like now is the time that the sprint to the holidays begins. We don’t know about you, but we absolutely cannot wait! But we know the flurry of activity can be exhausting, which is why it’s more important than ever to make sure that your bedroom is a relaxing haven. Check out a few of our favorite tips for creating a relaxing bedroom retreat!
- Invest in cozy covers. With cooler temperatures rolling in, we love nothing more than adding a warm, fluffy comforter to the bed and curling up.
2. Create a cozy reading spot. Darker, cooler days mean less time more spent outside–and more time snuggled indoors with a favorite book or movie. Having a beautiful space to indulge in some much needed relaxation time is such a bonus in a bedroom.
3. Let in lots of light…
4. And find a pretty way to block out extra light when the time comes.
5. Bring the outside in with flowers, fresh foliage or even a whimsical nod to Mother Nature like this adorable owl.
6. Warm yourself by the fire. Nothing creates a fabulous, relaxing bedroom quite like a roaring fire on a cold evening or morning. It makes getting out of bed so much easier. And the good news is that there are so many chic, easy-to-install options, your home doesn’t have to be born with a fireplace to have one now.
7. Find the perfect bed. Obviously, the right bed, is one of the very most important parts of any pretty bedroom. It’s the reason we’re there to begin with! Form is, of course, as important as function.
8. Keep the accessories sparse. We love a good accessory as much as the next girls, but, sometimes a cluttered nightstand can lead to a cluttered mind. For a restful night, we’d say, less is more.
Now we’re off to transform our sleeping spaces. Wishing you a holiday season full of fun–and a good night’s sleep!
Thanks so much for stopping by Design Chic today. We always love seeing you here!