We wait for it with baited breath every year…
The Kitchen of the Year winners from Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles!
We don’t know about you, but kitchens are some of our favorite spots in the home, and we love seeing what’s new and what’s next–but also what traditions are still firmly in tact. Because Southern design is always a little bit about tradition. Even in the kitchen.
AH&L always delivers the best of the best, and these kitchens are no exception. Want to see what’s new–and what’s sticking around for another season? These are some of our takeaways:
- Lucite bar pulls. We’re obsessed with this sleek take on an old favorite. Still chic, but a little subtler.
2. Woven bar stools. And thank goodness. My Serena & Lily ones have practically never been sat in!
3. Brass! We’ve always been fans of mixing and matching metals, and we’re loving seeing more brass in these stylish kitchen. We hope this trend sticks around.
4. Dark painted cabinets. We think of ourselves as being drawn toward light and bright, but we’re loving dark painted cabinets. Gray and navy are our favorites.
5. Mixing and matching. Who says the kitchen has to be all or nothing? Wood cabinets and painted islands are the best of both worlds.
6. Subway tile and white marble. Our old standbys are sticking around!
We think it’s safe to say that 2019 is going to be a great year for kitchens!
Which one is your favorite?
Thanks so much for making Design Chic a part of your day. We always love it when you stop by!
Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles 2019 kitchen of the year winners
My new novel, The Southern Side of Paradise, releases May 7, 2019! While you’re waiting, catch up on the series with this great sale at Barnes & Noble!
- Slightly South of Simple: 3 for $30 Special at Barnes & Noble or online
- The Secret to Southern Charm: 2 for $8 at Barnes & Noble
- *B&N is also having an extra 10% off sale, so you can basically get The Secret to Southern Charm for $3.60. Isn’t that nuts?
Also, don’t forget…
Preorder my new novel THE SOUTHERN SIDE OF PARADISE, Book 3 in the Peachtree Bluff Series and be Automatically Entered in the Peachtree Bluff Takeover Giveaway!
June 1, 2019 Peachtree Bluff will be “taking over” Beaufort, NC, the town on which it was based. Every single person who preorders between now now and will be registered to win:
*Two tickets to the Peachtree Bluff Town Takeover and Tour–on Beaufort’s signature double decker red buses!
*Two tickets to the farm-to-table dinner and launch party under the stars at the Beaufort Historic Site
*Two nights lodging in Beaufort, NC
Just send an email with proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter!
Here’s What’s Next from the Murphy Women:
From internationally bestselling author and “rising star of Southern fiction” (Mary Alice Monroe, New York Times bestselling author) Kristy Woodson Harvey comes the third novel in her Peachtree Bluff series, in which a secret threatens the tight-knit bond between a trio of sisters and their mother.
With the man of her dreams back in her life and all three of her daughters happy, Ansley Murphy should be content. But she can’t help but feel like it’s all a little too good to be true.
Meanwhile, youngest daughter and actress Emerson, who is recently engaged and has just landed the role of a lifetime, seemingly has the world by the tail. Only, something she can’t quite put her finger on is worrying her—and it has nothing to do with her recent health scare.
When two new women arrive in Peachtree Bluff—one who has the potential to wreck Ansley’s happiness and one who could tear Emerson’s world apart—everything is put in perspective. And after secrets that were never meant to be told come to light, the powerful bond between the Murphy sisters and their mother comes crumbling down, testing their devotion to each other and forcing them to evaluate the meaning of family.
With Kristy Woodson Harvey’s signature charm, wit, and heart, The Southern Side of Paradise is another masterful Peachtree Bluff novel that proves she is a “Southern writer with staying power” (Booklist).
Preorder from your local bookstore or Indiebound!
Preorder from Amazon
Preorder from Barnes & Noble