Looking for the perfect summer read? Southern Living, Entertainment Weekly, Us Weekly, Betches and more all think you should slip my new novel, The Southern Side of Paradise, into your beach or pool bag. Have you checked it out yet?
If you haven’t started the Peachtree Bluff Series yet, now is the perfect time! The first book in the series, Slightly South of Simple, has released in mass market paperback–and it’s #14 on the bestseller list! Pick it up at your favorite bookstore, local grocery store, drugstore or retail store
From internationally bestselling author and “rising star of Southern fiction” (Mary Alice Monroe, New York Times bestselling author) Kristy Woodson Harvey comes the third novel in her Peachtree Bluff series, in which a secret threatens the tight-knit bond between a trio of sisters and their mother.
With the man of her dreams back in her life and all three of her daughters happy, Ansley Murphy should be content. But she can’t help but feel like it’s all a little too good to be true.
Meanwhile, youngest daughter and actress Emerson, who is recently engaged and has just landed the role of a lifetime, seemingly has the world by the tail. Only, something she can’t quite put her finger on is worrying her—and it has nothing to do with her recent health scare.
When two new women arrive in Peachtree Bluff—one who has the potential to wreck Ansley’s happiness and one who could tear Emerson’s world apart—everything is put in perspective. And after secrets that were never meant to be told come to light, the powerful bond between the Murphy sisters and their mother comes crumbling down, testing their devotion to each other and forcing them to evaluate the meaning of family.
With Kristy Woodson Harvey’s signature charm, wit, and heart, The Southern Side of Paradise is another masterful Peachtree Bluff novel that proves she is a “Southern writer with staying power” (Booklist).
Eighteen days until Thanksgiving. Twenty-eight days until Hanukkah. Fifty-one days until Christmas.
Basically, what we’re saying is that the holiday clock is ticking–and there’s no time to rest on this gorgeous chaise, sourced from Best Prices for Furniture! Unless you’re writing a letter to Santa. Then it’s okay. First things first, of course.
We don’t know about you, but we have lots of things to do! My house is still about 70% gutted post-Florence, which stinks for the holidays, but is awesome for dreaming about how I’m going to put it all back. This game table? Definitely on my wish list!
Check out a few of our favorite ways to prep your house for this quickly approaching (yay!) holiday season with our friends from Best Prices for Furniture, who make it easy to source all your wishlist items, deliver with white glove service–and all at the best available price.
Dining table looking a little shabby? Outdated? Small? Families grow, but, lucky for us, so do tables! Memories are made around that table, so it’s a necessity, for sure. Modern? Traditional? Farmhouse? Industrial? Best Prices for Furniture can source whatever your heart desires.
2. Focus on the bathroom details. So, yeah, most of our guest bathrooms don’t look quite like this one. But thoughtful details, like stacks of clean, fresh, white towels, a beautiful mirror, stylish storage and even a chic garden seat can help elevate your bathroom style for holiday houseguests.
3. If your guest room needs a little spruce, Suzanne Kasler’s Paris Collection for Hickory Chair is a must-see. When you’re finished with your guest room remodel, make sure you spend a few nights there to see what your guests see. Did you forget a full-length mirror? A robe hook? A comfy chair for resting?
4. Up your lighting game. You want to be able to see all those gifts you’re unwrapping, of course. And a hostess or host like you? You’ll be getting lots of presents. Our favorite new lighting is Celerie Kemble’s collaboration with Arteriors. Talk about revamping in style!
5. Create room for conversation. From post-dinner drinks to family gatherings to mornings around the Christmas tree, your living room gets a lot of use–and it deserves to be the best it can be. If those occasional chairs from your grandmother are too tired, the coffee table isn’t your style or the sofa has always been the wrong shape, there’s no time like the present to replace it!
6. Glam it up. As your family evolves, so does your life–and so should your home. If you’re past the Cheetos-fingers and Play Doh phase, it might be time to rethink your decor.
7. Carve out a spot of calm for you. Not only is this gorgeous new desk in blush from Barbara Barry for Henredon the perfect place to pen those holiday letters, it also doubles as the perfect vanity for getting glammed up for all the fabulous soirees you’ll be attending. And, if all else fails, you can grab a glass of wine, close the door, pretend you’re doing something important, and take a moment to hear yourself think amid the chaos!
If all this sounds great but a little overwhelming–I mean, who has the time?–Best Prices for Furniture has your back. Simply peruse their looks or send your favorites and their bevy of their discount dealers will compete for your business, saving you time and money.
Click on each image Below to Learn More About the Product:
We have a feeling that, with the first major holiday only eighteen days a way, you could use as much as you can get of both! Check out Best Prices for Furniture for all your home-decor needs, for the holiday season and beyond.
(Did we mention the white-glove delivery? If you’ve ever stood in your driveway looking at a 150-pound piece of furniture and realized there’s no one there to help you, then you really understand why this is worth repeating!)
Thank you for stopping by today! We always love it when you do!
I cannot believe it, but Slightly South of Simple is a National Bestseller, hitting bestseller lists from Barnes & Noble to Bookscan, Southern Indie to Southern Pines and spending weeks on smaller bestseller lists in places like Salisbury, NC (my fab hometown and home of South Main Book Co.) and Bethlehem, PA. Sixteen weeks after its release, Slightly South is still holding its own on many of these lists. I’m pinching myself every day and can’t thank you enough for all your support! Happy weekend, sweet friends!
Now available in Audiobook – perfect for vacation traveling!
We are so excited because, at our house anyway, summer is here! Everything feels fresh and new and alive. And we don’t have to wake up early for school! That’s perhaps the best part of all. With all the energy and fun that summer brings with it, we think it’s the perfect time for a small summer spruce.
Good morning, wonderful friends! We hope you are staying warm. We are so cold down here in NC and happy to be because… We’re heading to the British Virgin Islands tomorrow! Hooray! We’ll have spotty internet so if we’re a little behind on emails or responses that is why! But, before we get into full-on island dreaming mode, we thought we’d do a little interior dreaming with Best Prices Furniture!