Good morning, chic readers! As the world spins faster and we get busier, it becomes increasingly important for our homes to be the soothing retreats we need to unwind. There’s no place where that is more important than in the first place you see in the morning and the last place you visit at night: the master bathroom. Take a peek at some of our favorite tips for creating a spa-like master bathroom retreat.
- Maximize Light. If you have the luxury of a bathroom free from neighbors, natural light is one of the fastest ways to make a bathroom feel open, airy and spa-like.
2. Invest in Quality. There are some rooms in the home where you can get by with scrimping, but, in the bathroom, where everything from floors to faucets to drains get a ton of use, it makes sense to invest in the best quality you can afford. (Even still, you never know when a problem like a blocked drain can arise, so it’s a good idea to have your favorite plumber’s number on hand!)
3. Glam it Up. From beautiful brass or stainless accents to pretty light fixtures, a little glamour can go a long way!
4. Don’t Forget Storage. There’s nothing worse than creating a stunning bathroom only to have it filled with clutter. Plenty of storage ensures that hair irons and toiletries stay out of sight but readily available.
5. Make it Feel Like Home. Depending on what kind of feel you want your bathroom retreat to have, incorporating vanities that feel like furniture and comfort items like chairs from other rooms can really make your bathroom comfortable and in keeping with the tone of the rest of your home.
6. Make a List of Must-Haves. In any room, it’s important to focus on your priorities. For us, it’s always the bathtub and the light fixtures, but whatever your priorities are, make sure to put them in the budget first so you know where to splurge and where to save.
7. Don’t Forget the Architectural Details. As with any room, it’s the details that really make a room memorable. In a spot with so much moisture, art can be tricky, so focusing on fabulous molding and woodworking details adds interest.
8. Make it Comfortable. Maybe it sounds obvious, but any room that you want to feel like a sanctuary should be comfortable! We love this sweet and cozy vanity stool!
9. Play it up with Pattern. Let’s face it. Bathrooms can be boring. In a room where you want to stick with a simple palette, a little bit of pattern can go a long way toward defining a space.
10. Keep Your Favorite Essentials on Hand. Our favorite tip is the simplest: Make sure keep your favorite spa-like essentials on hand. Pretty sponges, favorite bath salts and that shampoo that makes your hair feel like you’ve just had a keratin treatment are inexpensive luxuries that add so much to your bathroom without a bit of demo!
What are your favorite ways to make your bathroom feel like a retreat?
Speaking of Southern Charm, if you haven’t checked out my Peachtree Bluff Series, beginning with Slightly South of Simple and continuing with my latest release, The Secret to Southern Charm, what are you waiting for? Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to get up to day on the Murphy girls and Peachtree Bluff, Georgia, a town where the breeze is warm, the sun is shining, and nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems!