Good morning, chic readers! We hope your day is off to a great start. From floors to paneling, fireplaces to cabinetry, blonde wood is a gorgeous touch in any space that adds instant character and style. Which is your favorite?
Are you a fan of blonde wood? Thank you for making Design Chic a part of your day!
Resolving to read more this year? Pick up your copy of Slightly South of Simple, the first novel in my Peachtree Bluff series, and preorder book 2, The Secret to Southern Charm, releasing April 3! I have the best readers in the whole wide world! Thank you so much for your support.
Good morning, chic readers! We hope you are having a fabulous day! With Halloween behind us, we feel like now is the time that the sprint to the holidays begins. We don’t know about you, but we absolutely cannot wait! But we know the flurry of activity can be exhausting, which is why it’s more important than ever to make sure that your bedroom is a relaxing haven. Check out a few of our favorite tips for creating a relaxing bedroom retreat!
Invest in cozy covers. With cooler temperatures rolling in, we love nothing more than adding a warm, fluffy comforter to the bed and curling up.
2. Create a cozy reading spot. Darker, cooler days mean less time more spent outside–and more time snuggled indoors with a favorite book or movie. Having a beautiful space to indulge in some much needed relaxation time is such a bonus in a bedroom.
3. Let in lots of light…
4. And find a pretty way to block out extra light when the time comes.
5. Bring the outside in with flowers, fresh foliage or even a whimsical nod to Mother Nature like this adorable owl.
6. Warm yourself by the fire. Nothing creates a fabulous, relaxing bedroom quite like a roaring fire on a cold evening or morning. It makes getting out of bed so much easier. And the good news is that there are so many chic, easy-to-install options, your home doesn’t have to be born with a fireplace to have one now.
7. Find the perfect bed. Obviously, the right bed, is one of the very most important parts of any pretty bedroom. It’s the reason we’re there to begin with! Form is, of course, as important as function. If you’re looking to upgrade your sleeping space, check out the selection at Bedsos.
8. Keep the accessories sparse. We love a good accessory as much as the next girls, but, sometimes a cluttered nightstand can lead to a cluttered mind. For a restful night, we’d say, less is more.
Now we’re off to transform our sleeping spaces. Wishing you a holiday season full of fun–and a good night’s sleep!
Thanks so much for stopping by Design Chic today. We always love seeing you here!
Hi, chic readers! We spent the day doing a hygge photo shoot for a magazine, surrounded by furry throws, hide rugs, lit candles, and of course, a roaring fire–with the air conditioner cranked down the 65. While we love the hygge trend, it felt funny to be decorating for winter in the dog days of August! But it’s always fun to look toward the season ahead.
This fabulous Euclid Traditional by the uber-talented Amy Berry Design hits all the high notes of summer. You’ll see what we mean, especially when you get to the porch!
While it was fun to get a glimpse of winter, we were glad to come back to our summer digs, with the light, fun patterns, the natural fibers, the fresh flowers…
And, we have to say, looking at these gorgeous rooms, this stunning space would look amazing in any season.
Barry is so wonderful at mixing the old and the new, at combining an antique rug with new upholstery, an antique piece of furniture with fresh accessories, making the entire thing come off as updated but with a sense of history.
If we had to choose one word to describe her interiors, we think it would be inviting.
This is the kind of home where, after you walk through the door, you want to stay awhile.
Speaking of seasonal decor, this sunny space makes it feel like summer even what lies beyond the door is less than toasty!
We adore the incredibly tailored look of this bedroom. It’s crisp, neat and finished–with just the right amount of monogram!
Library lamps are one of our favorite trendy items that we think everyone should have at least a couple of. Cozy reading nooks are always welcome–especially as we prepare to transition to cooler weather.
You think the inside is good? Just wait until you see the outside!
You know we love outdoor spaces that are an extension of the indoors, and this porch fits that bill perfectly. Every detail is gorgeous!
Chic chaises top our outdoor wishlist. This Carolina blue with white piping is so summery and equally as elegant. We’d love lounging here!
Thanks so much for touring this gorgeous home with us. We love it when you stop by!
What People are Saying About Slightly South of Simple:
“My prediction is that writers come and writers go, but Kristy Woodson Harvey is here to stay. The warmth, wit, and wisdom of this novel pave her way into the exclusive sisterhood of southern writers.” (—The Huffington Post)
And we are thrilled to have been nominated by Amara as a Best Luxury Blog and would so appreciate you for voting for us here!