All that glitters might not be gold… But the touches in these rooms certainly are. From kitchen hardware to living room chairs, decadent jewelry to decked-out pumpkins, everything is just a little more glamorous with a touch of the always-chic shade. Take a peek at some of our favorite ways to add a touch of gold to your home. (Or, better yet, yourself!)
Do you love a hint of gold as much as we do?
Thanks so much for stopping by Design Chic. You made our day!
Click on each image Below to Learn More About the Product:
From “the next major voice in Southern fiction” (Elin Hilderbrand) and the bestselling author of the Peachtree Bluff series comes an odd couple tale of friendship that asks just how much our past choices define our happiness.
In her warmest, wittiest, and wisest novel yet, Kristy Woodson Harvey delivers a discerning portrait of modern womanhood through two vastly different lenses. Feels Like Falling is a beach bag essential for Harvey fans—and for a new generation of readers.
October 16, 2019: Kristy will “take over” A Novel Bee Facebook Group all day. Visit the page for fun guests and giveaways.
October 17, 2019: Clinton, SC Multi Book Club Event. Private.
October 18, 2019: “W.I.S.E” Fireside Chat with Chef Vivian Howard, Rene Chou from WRAL and Chief Justice Beasley, emceed by Kate Daniels, Walnut Creek Country Club, Goldsboro, NC, VIP experience 5-5:30, Program begins at 6:30.
January 3-5, 2020: Best of Our State with Our State, Pinehurst Resort, Pinehurst, NC. Celebrate North Carolina with Our State as the magazine “comes to life” with music, history, humor, storytelling, art, and food at the Pinehurst Resort. The Best of Our State is a lively weekend of learning and luxury designed to rejuvenate the senses to begin the new year. Click here for more information and tickets.
January 21, 2020: United Way Pitt County Annual Fundraiser, Greenville, NC.
February 13-16, 2020: Savannah Book Festival, Savannah, GA.
February 22, 2020: Ladies Luncheon and Signing Event at the Beaufort Hotel, Beaufort, NC.
April 28, 2020: Feels Like Falling Releases! We are working hard on the Feels Like Falling tour. We can’t wait to share all tour dates with you in January!
Good morning, chic readers! As the world spins faster and we get busier, it becomes increasingly important for our homes to be the soothing retreats we need to unwind. There’s no place where that is more important than in the first place you see in the morning and the last place you visit at night: the master bathroom. Take a peek at some of our favorite tips for creating a spa-like master bathroom retreat.
Maximize Light. If you have the luxury of a bathroom free from neighbors, natural light is one of the fastest ways to make a bathroom feel open, airy and spa-like.
2. Invest in Quality. There are some rooms in the home where you can get by with scrimping, but, in the bathroom, where everything from floors to faucets to drains get a ton of use, it makes sense to invest in the best quality you can afford. (Even still, you never know when a problem like a blocked drain can arise, so it’s a good idea to have your favorite plumber’s number on hand!)
3. Glam it Up. From beautiful brass or stainless accents to pretty light fixtures, a little glamour can go a long way!
4. Don’t Forget Storage. There’s nothing worse than creating a stunning bathroom only to have it filled with clutter. Plenty of storage ensures that hair irons and toiletries stay out of sight but readily available.
5. Make it Feel Like Home. Depending on what kind of feel you want your bathroom retreat to have, incorporating vanities that feel like furniture and comfort items like chairs from other rooms can really make your bathroom comfortable and in keeping with the tone of the rest of your home.
6. Make a List of Must-Haves. In any room, it’s important to focus on your priorities. For us, it’s always the bathtub and the light fixtures, but whatever your priorities are, make sure to put them in the budget first so you know where to splurge and where to save.
7. Don’t Forget the Architectural Details. As with any room, it’s the details that really make a room memorable. In a spot with so much moisture, art can be tricky, so focusing on fabulous molding and woodworking details adds interest.
8. Make it Comfortable. Maybe it sounds obvious, but any room that you want to feel like a sanctuary should be comfortable! We love this sweet and cozy vanity stool!
9. Play it up with Pattern. Let’s face it. Bathrooms can be boring. In a room where you want to stick with a simple palette, a little bit of pattern can go a long way toward defining a space.
10. Keep Your Favorite Essentials on Hand. Our favorite tip is the simplest: Make sure keep your favorite spa-like essentials on hand. Pretty sponges, favorite bath salts and that shampoo that makes your hair feel like you’ve just had a keratin treatment are inexpensive luxuries that add so much to your bathroom without a bit of demo!
What are your favorite ways to make your bathroom feel like a retreat?
Speaking of Southern Charm, if you haven’t checked out my Peachtree Bluff Series, beginning with Slightly South of Simple and continuing with my latest release, The Secret to Southern Charm, what are you waiting for? Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to get up to day on the Murphy girls and Peachtree Bluff, Georgia, a town where the breeze is warm, the sun is shining, and nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems!
Pops of color and eclectic art add touches of whimsy that define these spaces.
Gray and gold are a stunning combination in this streamlined kitchen.
And an overall streamlined aesthetic creates a calming feeling in these beautiful homes.
A mix of metals, textures and materials in this chic kitchen add so much style.
And an open floor plan makes this space feel large and perfect for entertaining a crowd.
Speaking of entertaining a crowd, this fun floor plan is ideal for maximum seating and ensures that everyone in the room can actually talk–all without blocking a single beautiful window. Such an ingenious floor plan!
A round table is one of our favorite entrance hall staples. A luxurious natural stone adds an interesting touch.
One of our favorite things about these designers is that they know which elements of a room should shout…
And which should whisper. This simple yet beautiful bedding creates a room perfect for relaxing after a long day. We hope that, wherever home is for you, it feels just the same.
And the winner is….
Congratulations to the winner of the $350 Minted Gift Card, Ellen Lugat! Ellen, we can’t wait to see what you choose with your winnings!
We can’t believe that Slightly South of Simple will be out in the world three weeks from today! Thrilled to see this beautiful photo from our incredibly talented artist friend Jeanne McKay Hartmann. She said, “Going Slightly South this Sunday… so happy to have some time today to get lost in @kristywharvey ‘s Slightly South of Simple. Kristy has such a talent for creating characters – after a few pages they seem like friends. The perfect escape on slightly sunny afternoon.”
It’s never a bad time to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea. Thank you, Jeanne!
You might sort of, kind of, maybe be able to tell it from our website… But we’re suckers for gold! It’s shiny and pretty and looks like a party any old time! Just a hint of it is even great in a kitchen. (The pendants were on our short-list for Beaufort. Amazing!)
We’re pretty happy any time we’re hanging out on the beach. But when it’s under fabulous umbrellas like these you’ll never get us off of there!