It’s summertime on the North Carolina coast and the livin’ is easy. Unless, that is, you’ve just lost your mother to cancer, your sister to her extremist husband, and your husband to his executive assistant. Meet Gray Howard. Right when Gray could use a serious infusion of good karma in her life, she inadvertently gets a stranger, Diana Harrington, fired from her job at the local pharmacy. Diana Harrington’s summer isn’t off to the greatest start either: Hours before losing her job, she broke up with her boyfriend and moved out of their shared house with only a worn-out Impala for a bed. Lucky for her, Gray has an empty guest house and a very guilty conscience. With Gray’s kindness, Diana’s tide begins to turn. But when her first love returns, every secret from her past seems to resurface all at once. And, as Gray begins to blaze a new trail, she discovers, with Diana’s help, that what she envisioned as her perfect life may not be what she wants at all. In her warmest, wisest novel yet, Kristy Woodson Harvey delivers a discerning portrait of modern womanhood through two vastly different lenses. Feels Like Falling is a beach bag essential for Harvey fans—and for a new generation of readers.
Don’t forget! Time is running out to preorder my April 20 novel UNDER THE SOUTHERN SKY and receive:
*An “I Read Kristy Woodson Harvey” Tote Bag
*A Pair of Southern Sky Sunnies
*A 5×7 Card of the Maren Devine Painting of the Book Cover (So framable!)
*Two quote cards by MeSweens Writes (Also super framable!)
*A Signed Book Plate
This is a great way to preorder and still have a fun gift waiting under the tree! Promotion ends December 15, or while supplies last. And they are going fast! Just fill out this form to receive your treats!
Today I’m doing a super fun giveaway with @adailydoseofclass for my entire Peachtree Bluff Series, a copy of FEELS LIKE FALLING, a FEELS LIKE FALLING candle, an advance copy of UNDER THE SOUTHERN SKY, a tote bag and a pair of Southern Sky Sunnies! Head over to Instagram to enter!
When it comes to kitchens, we spend a lot of time thinking about the usual things. White or stainless appliances? Wood or white cabinets? Wood or tile floors? Beyond the basics, there are so many ways to make the heart of the home warm, welcoming and absolutely you. Take a peek at a few of our favorite ways to add style to the kitchen!
1. Beautiful beams. Beams instantly lend a rustic feel, interest on the ceiling and, we think, an overall cozy feeling!
2. Add an arch. In the kitchen, the little things are everything. Arches are one of our favorite architectural details that create instant charm.
4. Use a pot rack. Not only is a pot rack a convenient way to free up cabinet space, but it also looks fabulous.
5. Install statement lighting. A splash of color or a fun metallic can become an instant focal point in a kitchen.
6. Accent with natural stone. Natural stone is a beautiful touch in a kitchen. This honed marble is absolutely stunning!
7. Hang your favorite art. In the land of appliances and cookware, art may not be a top priority but a well-placed piece or two adds tons of personality!
8. Display serveware with glass front cabinets. Glass front cabinets feel light, open and airy and are a great way to display favorite service pieces, china, wine glasses or family silver.
9. Paint cabinets a signature color. In a world where neutral cabinets are the norm, painting cabinets a statement color is a way to instantly set your kitchen apart.
10. Make a splash with your range hood. From a simple microwave vent to something truly spectacular, there are so many ways to vent your kitchen. A unique, beautiful range hood like this one adds so much impact.
What is your favorite way to add style to your kitchen? Thanks so much for making Design Chic a part of your day!
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
Click Each Image to Learn More:
2020 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
GIFTS FOR HER
GIFTS OF BEAUTY
GIFTS FOR HIM
GIFTS FOR THE COOK
Great news, Kindle readers!Slightly South of Simple is now available on Kindle Unlimited. If you haven’t started my Peachtree Bluff Series, now is the perfect time 🍑 And, oh my goodness, thank you to all who have downloaded! Slightly South is
The Huffington Post said of Slightly South:“Writers come and writers go, but Kristy Woodson Harvey is here to stay. The warmth, wit, and wisdom of this novel pave her way into the exclusive sisterhood of southern writers.” I’d love it if you checked it out!
From full design-and-build projects to remodels, self-taught architectural and interior designer Katie Hackworth uses a trained eye and a background (and degree) in graphic design to create bold, bright spaces perfect for every member of the family–even the dog!
“Authentic design, quality craftsmanship, and concise approach” are hallmarks of this designer’s signature style, and each space she designs bears her mark.
A mix of materials in a kitchen creates a warm and inviting space,
While unexpected colors ground it and lend a sense of history.
Hackworth’s attention to detail is one of the things she is known for. In this charming kitchen, the details are everything.
We love the mix of metals in this space–and the practical components of this working kitchen are just as chic as the decorative ones.
To baskets of all shapes and sizes, there’s the perfect storage solution for every space.
After almost fifteen months of being out of our house from Hurricane Florence, words can’t express how relieved we are to just be home. But, needless to say, after six moves and four rental houses, our stuff is everywhere. If there was ever a year for organization, this is it! As we focus on finally beginning our addition and reconfiguration of our upstairs in January, let’s just say that closet space, the laundry room and an organized office and mudroom are top priorities!
In the meantime, we’ll be making the most of what we have with these helpful tips from one of our most favorite design studios–and reveling in the glitter, the tinsel and the tissue paper everywhere. After all, it only comes one time a year…
Happy holidays, chic friends! Thanks for spending your holiday season right here! If you haven’t yet, make sure to join our email list to get holiday decor tips from our favorite designers. Click the link highlighted in red, add your email address, first name and hit send!
Click on each image Below to Learn More About the Product: