Good morning, chic readers! We hope you’re having a great day! If there’s one thing we know for sure (We’re getting all Oprah on you today!) it’s this: People gather in the kitchen.
Open floor plan or closed and no matter where you put the food, a crowd is always going to gather in this favorite homey spot. So we may as well make it beautiful! Check out a few of our favorite tips for styling the kitchen.
- Add height. Height is just as important in the kitchen as it is on the coffee table or the buffet. Fresh, gorgeous branches are not only long lasting but they also add that organic, outdoor element in the kitchen without the falling petals.
2. Keep it streamlined. We love glass cabinets so much. But it’s important to remember that less is more when styling behind them. This is a great place to incorporate a pop of color if you’re going to.
3. Give the kitchen some jewelry. We’re big fans of brass accents. They’re like accessories for the kitchen! Knobs and pulls are pretty, but pot fillers and gorgeous faucets take it to the next level.
4. A keeping room? Yes, please! Everyone is going to gather in the kitchen. Why not make it comfy?
5. We’re big fans of bar stools, but life is all about mixing it up. Comfy and chic, these benches are the perfect cozy seat.
6. A touch of green is always welcome in the kitchen. Adding a bowl of apples or a fresh green plant is a lovely addition to a white kitchen.
7. Incorporate a touch of color. You know we’re all about a white kitchen. But sometimes a pop of color is nice too. Simple touches, like these pops of blue, add depth and dimension to this stunning space and help bring out the blue of the sea beyond.
There’s nothing we love more than a big spread of food and drinks for a big crowd. But kitchen styling can make our kitchen feel like an event every day. What’s your favorite way to style the kitchen?
Thanks for making Design Chic a part of your day. We always love seeing you here!
If you need a good read for these chilly fall evenings, why not check out my national bestselling The Secret to Southern Charm?
More Info about The Secret to Southern Charm
-A 2018 Spring Okra Pick
-USA TODAY Happy Ever After’s Best Women’s Fiction
-Southern Living’s Most Anticipated Beach Reads of 2018
-Deep South Magazine’s Summer Reading List
-Raleigh News & Observer’s “The Best Reads of Summer”
-Charlotte Observer’s “Summer’s Best Books”
-New York Live’s “Ashley’s A-List” Pick
Leaving fans “practically [begging] for a sequel” (Bookpage), critically acclaimed author Kristy Woodson Harvey returns with the second novel in her beloved Peachtree Bluff series, featuring a trio of sisters and their mother who discover a truth that will change not only the way they see themselves, but also how they fit together as a family.
After finding out her military husband is missing in action, middle sister Sloane’s world crumbles as her worst nightmare comes true. She can barely climb out of bed, much less summon the strength to be the parent her children deserve.
Her mother, Ansley, provides a much-needed respite as she puts her personal life on hold to help Sloane and her grandchildren wade through their new grief-stricken lives. But between caring for her own aging mother, her daughters, and her grandchildren, Ansley’s private worry is that secrets from her past will come to light.
But when Sloane’s sisters, Caroline and Emerson, remind Sloane that no matter what, she promised her husband she would carry on for their young sons, Sloane finds the support and courage she needs to chase her biggest dreams—and face her deepest fears. Taking a cue from her middle daughter, Ansley takes her own leap of faith and realizes that, after all this time, she might finally be able to have it all.
Harvey’s signature warmth and wit make this a charming and poignant story of first loves, missed opportunities, and second chances and proves that she is “the next major voice in Southern fiction” (Elin Hilderbrand, New York Times bestselling author).