It’s summertime on the North Carolina coast and the livin’ is easy. Unless, that is, you’ve just lost your mother to cancer, your sister to her extremist husband, and your husband to his executive assistant. Meet Gray Howard. Right when Gray could use a serious infusion of good karma in her life, she inadvertently gets a stranger, Diana Harrington, fired from her job at the local pharmacy. Diana Harrington’s summer isn’t off to the greatest start either: Hours before losing her job, she broke up with her boyfriend and moved out of their shared house with only a worn-out Impala for a bed. Lucky for her, Gray has an empty guest house and a very guilty conscience. With Gray’s kindness, Diana’s tide begins to turn. But when her first love returns, every secret from her past seems to resurface all at once. And, as Gray begins to blaze a new trail, she discovers, with Diana’s help, that what she envisioned as her perfect life may not be what she wants at all. In her warmest, wisest novel yet, Kristy Woodson Harvey delivers a discerning portrait of modern womanhood through two vastly different lenses. Feels Like Falling is a beach bag essential for Harvey fans—and for a new generation of readers.
Good morning, chic readers! We hope your Monday is off to a great start and that you are poised and ready to tackle this week. We are so excited to share a few of our all-time favorite living rooms–and a few of the features that we think most great living rooms have in common. So take a few minutes, refill your coffee, and reset your mind with these stunning rooms that can’t help but inspire you to a more productive (and comfortable!) day.
A fabulous focal point. In this room, this beautiful fireplace serves as a stunning focal point. We love the antique feel.
2. A chic, well-decorated coffee table. Just take a page from Serena & Lily. They never disappoint.
3. Statement art. Speaking of never disappointing, Andrew Howard certainly doesn’t. His room are always chic, never cookie cutter, and, oh yeah, include truly gorgeous art.
4. Something a little bit unexpected. From tan unusual floor lamp to the black and white chair, this room is anything but expected.
5. Seating for limitless conversation and…
6. A cozy chair just for reading.
7. A little symmetry. Everything doesn’t have to match all the time, but, we have to say, symmetry sure is pleasing to our eyes. This Beth Webb beauty is symmetry at its finest.
8. Loads of personality. Because, at the end of the day, your living room is all about you and your family. From the museum-worthy to the party-ready, Marshall Watson lends every space personality in droves.
This is a living room we wouldn’t mind visiting today. But, for now, we’re going to get back to work and dream about these gorgeous living rooms… What are your living room non-negotiables?
Thanks so much for making Design Chic a part of you day. We always love it when you stop by!
Click on the Images Below to Learn More About the Product: