UNDER THE SOUTHERN SKY, my April novel, has been named a most-anticipated read for 2021 by Frolic Media, Booktrib, Bookstr and more! Have you preorderedyet?
Two childhood friends discover that love—and family—can be found in unconventional ways in this timely, moving novel from the USA TODAY bestselling author of the “beautifully Southern, evocative Peachtree Bluff series” (Kristin Harmel, internationally bestselling author of The Winemaker’s Wife). From “the next major voice in Southern fiction” (Elin Hilderbrand, #1 New York Times bestselling author), Under the Southern Sky is a fresh and unforgettable exploration of love, friendship, and the unbreakable ties that bind.
When it comes to kitchens, we spend a lot of time thinking about the usual things. White or stainless appliances? Wood or white cabinets? Wood or tile floors? Beyond the basics, there are so many ways to make the heart of the home warm, welcoming and absolutely you. Take a peek at a few of our favorite ways to add character to the kitchen!
1. Beautiful beams. Beams instantly lend a rustic feel, interest on the ceiling and, we think, an overall cozy feeling!
2. Add an arch. In the kitchen, the little things are everything. Arches are one of our favorite architectural details that create instant charm.
3. Lend a personal touch with luxurious kitchenware. From china to silverware, serving trays to accessories, kitchenware is a fabulous way to express yourself in the heart of the home.
4. Use a pot rack. Not only is a pot rack a convenient way to free up cabinet space, but it also looks fabulous.
5. Install statement lighting. A splash of color or a fun metallic can become an instant focal point in a kitchen.
6. Accent with natural stone. Natural stone is a beautiful touch in a kitchen. This honed marble is absolutely stunning!
7. Hang open shelving. In the land of appliances and cookware, art may not be a top priority but open shelving adds tons of personality!
8. Display serveware with glass front cabinets. Glass front cabinets feel light, open and airy and are a great way to display favorite service pieces, china, wine glasses or family silver.
9. Paint cabinets a signature color. In a world where neutral cabinets are the norm, painting cabinets a statement color is a way to instantly set your kitchen apart.
10. Make a splash with your range hood. From a simple microwave vent to something truly spectacular, there are so many ways to vent your kitchen. A unique, beautiful range hood like this one adds so much impact.
What is your favorite way to add character to your kitchen? Thanks so much for making Design Chic a part of your day!
Click on each image Below to Learn More About the Product: