Good morning, chic readers! Oh, how we love starting the day off in style! These stunning spaces by Collins Interiors are sure to begin your week on a high note!
A pretty workspace for two. (Or, if this beautiful guy has a say in it, maybe three?)
The perfect mix of traditional and modern, this banquette is a gorgeous place to savor breakfast in style.
There are few things we love more than a pair of cozy club chairs.
Art anyone? There are playrooms, and then there are playrooms! Future Picassos right here!
This sweet chaise creates the perfect reading nook.
This just might be the vanity of our dreams! We can’t get enough pink.
It has been uncharacteristically rainy and cold where we are these past few weeks. We don’t know about you, but we could use a little–or a lot!—of sunshine right now. This lovely porch is just the kind of place we’d like to while away a warm day. Which is your favorite Collins Interiors space?
I am over-the-moon about my first starred review from Publishers Weekly! Can’t wait for all of you to read Under the Southern Sky on April 20! It’s available for preorder now wherever books are sold.
From PW: Harvey (Feels Like Falling) delivers a heart-wrenching tale of love and loss in this tearjerker…Harvey brings her characters to life, including Greer, whose heartbreaking journal entries reflect on scans of the embryos and imagine the family she and Parker would have. These passages are particularly wrenching, making the book’s happy ending all the more moving. Fans of women’s fiction will devour this. (Apr.)
Good morning, chic readers! As the world spins faster and we get busier, it becomes increasingly important for our homes to be the soothing retreats we need to unwind. There’s no place where that is more important than in the first place you see in the morning and the last place you visit at night: the master bathroom. Take a peek at some of our favorite tips for creating a spa-like master bathroom retreat.
Maximize Light. If you have the luxury of a bathroom free from neighbors, natural light is one of the fastest ways to make a bathroom feel open, airy and spa-like.
2. Invest in Quality. There are some rooms in the home where you can get by with scrimping, but, in the bathroom, where everything from floors to faucets to hardware get a ton of use, it makes sense to invest in the best quality you can afford.
3. Glam it Up. From beautiful brass or stainless accents to pretty light fixtures, a little glamour can go a long way!
4. Don’t Forget Storage. There’s nothing worse than creating a stunning bathroom only to have it filled with clutter. Plenty of storage ensures that hair irons and toiletries stay out of sight but readily available.
5. Make it Feel Like Home. Depending on what kind of feel you want your bathroom retreat to have, incorporating vanities that feel like furniture and comfort items like chairs from other rooms can really make your bathroom comfortable and in keeping with the tone of the rest of your home.
6. Make a List of Must-Haves. In any room, it’s important to focus on your priorities. For us, it’s always the bathtub and the light fixtures, but whatever your priorities are, make sure to put them in the budget first so you know where to splurge and where to save.
7. Don’t Forget the Architectural Details. As with any room, it’s the details that really make a room memorable. In a spot with so much moisture, art can be tricky, so focusing on fabulous molding and woodworking details adds interest.
8. Make it Comfortable. Maybe it sounds obvious, but any room that you want to feel like a sanctuary should be comfortable! We love this sweet and cozy vanity stool!
9. Play it up with Pattern. Let’s face it. Bathrooms can be boring. In a room where you want to stick with a simple palette, a little bit of pattern can go a long way toward defining a space.
10. Keep Your Favorite Essentials on Hand. Our favorite tip is the simplest: Make sure keep your favorite spa-like essentials on hand. Pretty sponges, favorite bath salts and that shampoo that makes your hair feel like you’ve just had a keratin treatment are inexpensive luxuries that add so much to your bathroom without a bit of demo!
What are your favorite ways to make your bathroom feel like a retreat?
Speaking of Southern Charm, if you haven’t checked out my Peachtree Bluff Series, beginning with Slightly South of Simple and continuing with my latest release, The Secret to Southern Charm, what are you waiting for? Memorial Day weekend is the perfect time to get up to day on the Murphy girls and Peachtree Bluff, Georgia, a town where the breeze is warm, the sun is shining, and nothing is ever quite as simple as it seems!
Finding a piece of furniture we love is usually easy. It’s styling it to make it blend beautifully in the room that can be harder! Console tables are some of our favorite pieces for tricky spaces. From that spot in the entrance hall that begs for a little something more…
to that pretty wall between two windows…
A pretty table is a great spot to display favorite things–and incorporate favorite colors. This yellow really pops!
Sometimes less really is more. With a console this beautiful, there’s no need to fill it with a bunch of stuff!
Sometimes we think we have to choose one statement piece, but this vignette proves that isn’t true. So many fabulous things going on here!
The south is known for breeding brilliant storytellers and Kristy Woodson Harvey has proven herself to be one of the south’s most heartfelt female driven authors of our generation.” — Jaime Pressly, star of CBS’s Mom