We’ll delve into the art of infusing style and personality into the heart of your home—the kitchen! White or stainless appliances? Wood or white cabinets? Wood or tile floors? Beyond the basics, there are so many ways to make the heart of the home warm, welcoming and absolutely you. Gone are the days when kitchens were solely functional spaces; now, they are vibrant hubs of culinary creativity and social gatherings. Whether you’re a passionate cook, a design enthusiast, or simply someone who appreciates a beautifully curated space, we’re here to inspire you with innovative ideas and practical tips on how to transform your kitchen into a stylish sanctuary that reflects your unique taste.
Take a peek at a few of our favorite ways to add style to your kitchen!
1. Beautiful beams. Beams instantly lend a rustic feel, interest on the ceiling and, we think, an overall cozy feeling!
2. Add an arch. In the kitchen, the little things are everything. Arches are one of our favorite architectural details that create instant charm.
4. Use a pot rack. Not only is a pot rack a convenient way to free up cabinet space, but it also looks fabulous.
6. Accent with natural stone. Natural stone is a beautiful touch in a kitchen. This honed marble is absolutely stunning!
7. Hang your favorite art. In the land of appliances and cookware, art may not be a top priority but a well-placed piece or two adds tons of personality!
8. Display serveware with glass front cabinets. Glass front cabinets feel light, open and airy and are a great way to display favorite service pieces, china, wine glasses or family silver.
9. Paint cabinets a signature color. In a world where neutral cabinets are the norm, painting cabinets a statement color is a way to instantly set your kitchen apart.
10. Make a splash with your range hood. From a simple microwave vent to something truly spectacular, there are so many ways to vent your kitchen. A unique, beautiful range hood like this one adds so much impact.
What is your favorite way to add style to your kitchen? Thanks so much for making Design Chic a part of your day!
Four women come together to save the summer camp that changed their lives and rediscover themselves in the process in this heartwarming new novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Wedding Veil.
Nearly thirty years ago, in the wake of a personal tragedy, June Moore bought Camp Holly Springs and turned it into a thriving summer haven for girls. But now, June is in danger of losing the place she has sacrificed everything for—and begins to realize how much she has used the camp to avoid facing difficulties in her life.
June’s niece, Daphne, met her two best friends, Lanier Bradley and Mary Stuart Harris, during a fateful summer at camp, and the three are inseparable even in their thirties. But when attorney Daphne discovers that Lanier’s fiancé—who just so happens to be her client—has done something highly illegal, she must choose between her job and her friendship.
Meanwhile, Lanier is hiding secrets both new and old that might make Daphne see the situation in an entirely different light. When one of those secrets unexpectedly rises to the surface, it threatens to change the very fabric of their friendship.
But when the women learn that their childhood oasis is in danger of closing, they put aside their own problems and band together with June to save it, sending them on a journey that promises to open the next chapters in their lives.
From an author whose “writing coats your soul with heart” (E! Online), The Summer of Songbirds is a lyrical and unforgettable celebration of female friendship, and a love letter to the places and people that make us who we are.